This summer we spent a day cleaning the bbq and the smoker. Wow. We did not realize how much mildew was growing on and in them. We did note how bad the bbq cover had gotten. We now suspect that the covers actually made the problem worse.
I recently was lucky enough to have access to some salvage metal roofing. I scavenged enough to be able to put up another rain shelter this time for the cookers.
I have one more project I would like to get to. The recycling is currently in under a tarp roof in the back yard. This is a leftover arrangement from when we bought the property. The roof works fine enough but is really low, like 40″ low. I have a bit of metal roof left and I think I will put a new, higher roof over the recycling. It would be a good additional to the new gate I put in to shorten the hike when taking it to the street on pickup days.